Cox Consulting Network has been retained by a large, successful, public company in its search for a Global Shared Services Manager (GSSM). The position is based at the company’s HQ in Austin, TX, ranked the #1 Best Place to Live in the United States.
The GSSM will lead the company’s AP, AR and Payroll accounting teams. This position is responsible for the Global Shared Services organization and will coordinate business systems enhancements and process improvements. The position reports to the Corporate Controller.
· Manage global team of 11 accountants, including at least one manager
· Manage ongoing AP, AR, and payroll cycle transactions and monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations, journal entries, and review processes
· Manage third party providers (e.g., ADP, Concur) to ensure all requirements are met or exceeded
· Collaborate with suppliers and customers as needed to resolve AR and AP issues
· Establish internal goals/KPIs and monitor performance, including monthly reports to the Corporate Controller
· 5+ years of comprehensive experience in large, public company shared services
· Strong familiarity with information systems, including SAP
· Strong Excel and data management skills
· Ability to get into the details and also see the “Big Picture”
· Proven leadership skills. Ability to coach, develop and manage people from an individualized and team perspective, including remote staff
· Ability to interact and build relationships across departments and functions
· Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
· Strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills; ability to multi-task; thinks and moves fast; ability to adapt to changing business conditions
Relocation candidates are encouraged to apply.